Thursday, August 21, 2008

MySpace vs Facebook

I already have a Facebook profile and although I was initially reluctant to join I'm now totally addicted! It's a great way to keep in touch with family and friends interstate and overseas. I have to admit it can be a bit of a time waster but it's all in fun. I am familiar with MySpace but do not have a profile. My choice to join Facebook rather than MySpace was purely because most of my family and friends were already on Facebook.

I think there is more creative flair with MySpace; you can jazz up your profile and even have music playing when people log on to your page. Unfortunately Facebook is very limited in this way. Both have their advantages and disadvantages but both are great social networking tools.

Although social networking via the internet is a great tool, it is something that needs to be used in moderation. If someone is always interacting with people behind a computer, they could develop poor people and social skills.

No comments: